Monday, 15 July, 15:00 CEST (+0200)
- 2019 NeXus Code Camp
- HDF5 European Workshop for Science and Industry (ESRF 17-18 September)
Present: BW, MK, HB, AB
- BW to attend and represent NeXus.
- HB has been seeing many bugs when trying to run the .10 version in high-performance situations. Detectors like the Eiger need a parallel file system (e.g. GPFS) to keep up with the data rate, but the HDF5 library has not been very stable.
- We should ask the HDF group to please stabilise the HDF5_1.10 library on parallel file systems.
- Perhaps we can help organise facilities to combine efforts?
NeXus Code Camp
- MB to talk to David Hall about code camp dates
- Brexit issues (visas for EU citizens)
- Check dates
MK asks HB about how NXmx has been viewed by the community. HB replies that NXmx is a success with ongoing collaborations and millions of images recorded using NXmx.
MB to leave Diamond in December and step down as NeXus Executive Secretary.
- Asks for feedback on recent pull request.
- BW asked MB to prod Mark Herron regarding discussions about EU projects.
Poll for August Telco: https://doodle.com/poll/xvxdcpvfnatt3yuw