Friday, 25th February, 14:00 UTC
- Welcome new members
- Review previous meeting minutes and actions: January Telco
- Recent issues on Github (especially those labelled with “telco”)
- NeXus ontology and namespace usage
- ?add to agenda for next NIAC?
- Spring virtual NIAC
- Autumn hybrid NIAC
BW, CZ, HB, PJ, FA, SB, LG, RB, HG, AB, RO, WDN
- NIAC on March 3rd, 4th, with special effort to have a chorum on the 4th.
- SB to make pull requests
- Ontology email aacount - special email address that forwards to nexus-committee? Or is it just a login ID?
- NXxpcs app def - want xpcs data in a common format - is ready for contribution
- New type of units “arbitrary units”
- SB prefers to calculate combination units on the fly
- RO asks what is supposed to be the validation consequences of arb units?
- BW says that au is problematic anyway because it is a nonstandard description that is commonly used (add to proposal #921)
- SB thinks arb units is equivalent to unknown units.
- RO and PJ can agee on “unkown” units as a compromise (NX cansas can consider using this)
- PJ will make the changes in NXxpcs
- LG wants to be able to state photon flux differently from NXmx since XFELs provide photons differently
- Problem is that a pulse has unknown time
- Other problem is that NDXL currently doesn’t easily allow requiring one of a set of fields.
- AB and HB think this is just a bug and short name should be optional - AB will fix it
- SB wants to have a nexus workshop in Germany 17-18 March to bring people and projects together
- would like someone to introduce the NIAC, sample environment, validation, data processing/visualisation
- BW volunteers to talk at the meeting.
- AB thinks that he could also speak but needs to check beamtime schedule.
- AB will add the NIAC vote needed tag to #942
- SB asks about inheritance - HB says we should look at UML, which adresses this question. HB thinks there is value in having specific inheritance rules. BW would like to see a specific proposal to avoid endless ideological discussions.
- SB asks about linking between fields and how a link can be required in an app def (using NXDL)
- AB says that NeXus is meant to be independent of the file format implementation (i.e. HDF5 is not a requirement)
- SB asks if someone from ESRF could speak at the workshop about NeXus use or utilities? WDN will discuss availability with colleagues.
- BW will publish a NIAC schedule asap