NIAC meeting - October 2008
The next meeting of the NeXus International Advisory
Committee will be held at Rydges Cronulla Beach
in Sydney Australia on October
30-31, 2008. This is a satellite meeting of the NOBUGS
There will be a conference fee of AUS$130 to pay for food and the venue.
List of Attendees
If you are interested in attending (and not already on the list of
attendees), contact Nick
Thursday, October 30
09:00 Meeting commences
- presentation by James Hester on lessons learned from CIF
Discussion of technology for describing base classes and instrument definitions
- Review Darren Kelly’s latest work. Provide feedback to Darren. -
limited to one hour total
18:00 Adjourn for dinner
Friday, October 31
09:00 Meeting commences
18:00 Meeting adjourns
XML schema definitions
- Objective: why schema? - validation, tools e.g. IDE. Informative
- Pros and cons of xsd and rng
- Review of current work. (Overview)
- Vote on use of xsd.
- schema as a path to O-O NeXus
Reduced data storage
- review of canSAS 1-D v1.0 XML data
for reduced Small-Angle Scattering data.
- Why not use NeXus?
- How to merge/nudge community towards NeXus?
- Next steps
- 2-D and higher-dimensionality reduced data sets
- How to standardize storage of results from data analysis
steps and provenance
- Is the next big priority after schema to provide reduced data
formats for all instrument classes?
- Proposal for storage of reduced data by the Mantid
Tech Group Breakout
- review minutes/decision of last NIAC and tech teleconferences
- Features for NeXus API 4.3
- XML schema review and implementation
- Review open tickets
- Python bindings:
- C++ bindings
- “Object oriented” NeXus
- review minutes/decision of last NIAC
- ACTION (from 2007 NIAC): How is the offline documentation produced?
- Is the proposed system of a snapshot of relevant mediawiki pages
into DocBook at the time of a definition release acceptable?
- Discuss issues with mediawiki to DocBook converter
- Decide which mediawiki pages are required in DocBook format e.g. do
we include the FAQ page?
- Is there documentation that is uniquely offline or online? This will
become clearer with the mapping in the previous item
- should the representation of the base classes in the appendices be
UML and/or table version?
- html to DocBook transform post processing - are these steps
- documentation transformed from mediawiki to DocBook, edited
where necessary, chapters concatenated, and converted to pdf
- pdf bundled with napi release and versions available at