Tuesday, 31st May, 16:30 Central European Summer Time (Copenhagen)
- Welcome and agree Agenda
- registering for NIAC and potential hotel shortage
- github issue of the day - suggestions welcome (there is a github
proposition for version number of NeXus definitions
- 329 - can we remove the issue branch from the repository?
- 419 - still waiting on a response from Stuart where to
install the header files
- 425 - done
- 426 - Maybe Tobias can have a look at it
- 420/421 - currently working on it (this work should be
continued by the original author - the code is a total mess)
- release NAPI/tools with a fix for
https://github.com/nexusformat/code/issues/414 - what else needs
to go in?
- review and discuss accepting NXcontainer pull request:
- Intent to present NXcanSAS for ratification as application
definition by end of June
- items for NIAC
- CXI nexus integration question about virutal dataset
- Is a new graph of the base class hierarchy useful? Used to be in the
- Next meeting
Present: HJB, MB, PJ, MK, EW, TSR, AB, ORNL (Mathieu and Steven)
Especially the ORNL!
- definitions #387 - consensus is that this may solve one problem
well, but certainly does not address all aspects of versioning.
There was debate whether versioning the definitions as a whole was
actually required. We encourage people to look into this to have an
informed discussion at the NIAC and code camp.
- code #329 - branch can go
- code #419 header files will be added
- code #426 TSR’s problem, but adding an API function to expose
information about the backend may be required
- code #421 assigned to different developer
NAPI release update
Could be done from master this week with the limited amount of changes
that went in so far. The release with support for HDF 1.10 may be NAPI
4.5 anyway, due to the high number of changes.
To be merged. There is a low bar for accepting contributed definitions.
MB mentions that the use of NXshape in NXontainer may require revision.
That is to be evaluated and presented at NIAC.
Items for NIAC
There is a repo for NIAC items. Please add thing that will need in depth
discussions early so we can be prepared. We may assign items to people
for preparation in later telcos.
CXI uses a n by 3 array where NeXus is more flexible and allows multiple
1D arrays of length n. To be compatible with both standards for a smooth
transition having the data both ways may a way. Doing that using HDF
virtual dataset would save storing the data twice. As far as NXDL is
concerned that data just needs to be provided twice, virtual dataset is
transparent to our abstraction.
Very informative, might be too scary for newcomers. But we will try a
nicer layout. It is a useful tool for us in any case. Could be in an
advance section of the manual.