Wednesday, 15th September, 13:00 UTC
- Welcome new members
- Review previous meeting minutes and actions: July Telco
- Recent issues on Github (especially those labelled with “telco”)
BW, AB, PJ, PC, HB, MK, UH, RB, SP
- UH presented some further info on photoemission spectroscopy of liquid surfaces (using synchrotron excitation sources on microjet targets). The NXarpes application definition has many required elements, but is not fitting in some ways requiring some extra data dimensions and missing important sample information (liquid jet).
- Advice is to write a new application definition and new or amended base classes.
- For the description of light polarisation, the Stokes parameters are recommended and HB will present something on the topic at the next telco.
- RC asks if anyone had used NXdector_module to describe a ROI?
- Dectris would like to be able to add an extra “channel” dimension to the data array that their detectors record. The issue seems to be driven by the feature of automatic thresholding where the gain settings of a pixel self-adjusts based on its rate of charge acquisition and therefore the gain and offset that should be applied depends on which thresholds were exceeded. More discussion is probably needed as the proposal indtroduces new complexity to some fundamental parts of NeXus.
- “axes” as a dataset attribute should be marked as “deprecated”